Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blogging...to blog or not to blog that is the question?

To blog or not to blog....that is the question indeed. I have thought this through for many a day and night (okay, lets be honest here...probably more like the last two years but hey, I am here doing it aren't I?) Why is there so much fear involved with starting a new blog? Is it because we think there isn't possibly anything we have to say that would be slightly interesting to someone else? Yes....for me that is it exactly! I am a SAHM and I create hair bows. I ask myself, how can this be interesting for someone else to read? Well, still not completely sure about that, but after contemplating blogging and all of it's benefits, I decided there was no time like the present to get started. So, on that note let me tell you a little about myself :0)

My name is Carrie. I am a SAHM (already mentioned that....LOL). I am married to a fabulous man named Michael (well, most days I consider him fabulous). He washes dishes and does laundry so I consider myself more than blessed in the husband department. Together we have three children....two boys and one girl, which is the reason behind this home business called "Twinkle Toes Bows". Why hair bows....it was a natural progression for me. As a young girl it was always my "job" to decorate our Christmas Tree with bows, and of course I was quickly deligated to wrapping presents because it seemed I did a fairly good job of it! Not that I minded exactly. I found it fun and most days I still do. However, the bows have disappeared from the Christmas tree, but Ribbon hasn't (just in case you are wondering). I never imagined I would be making bows for little girls, but then again, I never imagined I would have children, let alone three of them, and one a girl at that! LOL I can actually hear one of my childhood friends right now commenting on that last statement! Where was I? Oh yes....hair bows....

When my daughter was born, I was overjoyed. We had our two boys and I must say there is nothing like the love between sons and mothers! But, the thought of finally having a girl sent me into a frenzy. Everything pink, everything pretty. Everything had to be GIRLY. Isn't that usually the way it goes? She is my Princess in every way (and when I say every way...I mean every way...demanding, prissy, sassy....you get the picture). I named her after my beloved Grandmother. This is an important part of why I named my bow business "Twinkle Toes Bows". My Grandmother called me "Twinkle Toes" growing up :0) and I was named after her mother. She started a tradition without even knowing it, it seems. I hope the tradition is carried on by my daughter as well. The birth of my daughter was a new beginning for me on so many different levels. Each day is something new, and each day I learn more about the person I am and the person I want to be. Come along with me on this wild "bow making" adventure and see where it takes us!

If you made it this far, thanks for following along!

Carrie

No comments: