Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

In just a few hours it will be Valentine's Day 2010! This will be a year that I spend alone with the kiddos as hubby is working a 48 hour shift. He did however start early by bringing me a box of chocolates....a nice box of Molasses Chips from Sees Candies! Yummy! The way he was smirking when he dropped them off tells me that there will probably be another suprise on the horizon....he is so romantic that way. I remember our very first Valentine's day in 1998. I came home from work to find him slaving over Chicken Parmesean in the kitchen, and a beautifully set table....candles, a gorgeous flower arrangement, and fine linens. It was amazing! Every year we try to do something special as a couple, but this year, I will be making a simple chocolate cake with the kids to give to Daddy when he comes home for dinner. I guess a special dinner is in order as well! The kids are so excited to make him a cake that I know tomorrow is going to be a very Special Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: